Commercial real estate brokerage firm Greenstone Partners is celebrating and reflecting on its continued growth and success in 2022. The firm credits its steady upward progression to its focus on strategic team growth, nurturing emerging talent, and expanding market presence—all of which helped amass numerous notable industry award wins throughout the year.
“We have spent the past year focusing on expanding our team through strategic hires,” said CEO and Managing Partner Danny Spitz. “These hires have enhanced the scope of our retail, mixed-use, multifamily, office, flex, and industrial transaction volume and allowed us to really broaden our offerings to investors in the Chicago and Midwest markets.”
In total, the brokerage firm has added six new team members since the beginning of 2022—amplifying the potential for steady future growth. Additions included: Senior Director Kristian Sydow, Directors Malek Abdulsamad and Jordan Multack, Associate Tom Galvin, Analyst Trevor Allen, and Graphic Designer Paulina Ryt.
Additionally, the firm made two pivotal promotions. Ariana Vartzikos was promoted to Director of Marketing—overseeing all design, branding, and marketing efforts at the brokerage firm. Clarence Marsh was promoted to Director of Transactions and Operations—working alongside the brokerage team in the transaction process of commercial real estate assets and enhancing operational efficiencies at the firm.
At the cornerstone of the brokerage firm’s initial success in 2022 is the robust transaction volume achieved by its team.
“While overall investor demand has slowed this year with interest rate volatility and macroeconomic headwinds, we have continued to transact at a steadfast pace given the depth of our buyer pool and variety of quality investment real estate offerings,” said Managing Partner Jason St. John. “We are continuing to see local, out-of-state, and international investors bid on our listings. To date, 40% of our transactions have been sold to buyers outside of Illinois. Even with interest rate increases, we are averaging almost 100 unique buyer registrants per listing, further highlighting the demand for hard assets with rental growth and appreciation during this inflationary cycle.”
Among Greenstone Partners’ notable transactions so far this year are:
- Jason St. John and Paul Tesdal brokered 4300 and 4580 Weaver Parkway in Warrenville, Illinois. and 1601 Bond St. in Naperville for $16 million. The portfolio totaled 130,000 square feet of multi-tenant suburban office space.
- Danny Spitz brokered 1133 W. Randolph for $11.7 million. The combined 14,000-square-foot retail and office building is located in the Fulton Market/West Loop neighborhood of Chicago.
- Jason St. John brokered 6340 Ameriplex Dr., a 52,798 square-foot flex-industrial building in Portage — a city in Northwest Indiana — for $8.2 million.
- Danny Spitz and Jason St. John brokered 2001 N. Clybourn, a 24,000-square-foot office building in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, for $6.89 million.
- Jason St. John brokered 1550 E. Lake Cook Rd., a 45,000-square-foot retail property in Wheeling, Illinois, for $6 million.
- Danny Spitz and Paul Tesdal brokered 7855 Gross Point Rd., a 75,137 square-foot flex property in Skokie, Illinois, for $6.1 million.
- Malek Abdulsamad brokered 1055 W. 175th St., a 55,283-square-foot office building in Homewood, Illinois, for $4.4 million.
- Brewster Hague brokered 1670 W. Division St., an 8,100-square-foot, mixed-use property in Chicago’s Wicker Park neighborhood, for $3.3 million.
- AJ Patel and Jason St. John brokered 5899 Northwest Highway, a 12,111-square-foot retail property in Crystal Lake, Illinois, for $3 million.
- AJ Patel brokered 222-242 W. Army Trail Rd., an 11,000-square-foot retail property in Carol Stream, Ilinois, for $2.9 million.
Sweeping wins and acknowledgments from prominent industry awards only served to further highlight the achievements of the Greenstone Partners’ team.
This year’s awards, winners, and honorees included:
- Chicago Commercial Real Estate Awards’ Investment Broker of the Year, Private Capital – Greenstone Partners
- Illinois Real Estate Journal Awards’ Broker Team of the Year – Greenstone Partners
- Illinois Real Estate Journal Awards, Emerging Leader of the Year – Finalist Brewster Hague
- Crexi Platinum Broker Award – Jason St. John
- REjournals CRE Future Leaders – AJ Patel
- REjournals CRE Future Leaders – Brewster Hague